ISL 2015 Semi Final Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico De Kolkata Match Second Leg

Atletico de Kolkata the defending champions of Indian Super League defeated by Chennaiyin FC in the semi-final due to aggregate although won the return leg by 2-1 hey could not make into finals at the Salt Lake Stadium in Kolkata on Wednesday night. The crucial goals from Dejan Lekic and Iain Hume got late before the Kolkata Striker Fikru Teferra made the tie away from hands with a goal in time.

At the beginning of the game Atletico de Kolkata commands the game. The Forward Dejan Lekic is the tough guy for all the team’s defenders, with pace movements and perfect dominating passes. At the very beginning his ball passed to Iain Hume whose shot was wasted by Chennaiyin goalkeeper Edel.

The Hume-Lekic duo started initial progression as the Hume from the left side passing the ball to Lekic, who hit a rigid shot above Edel’s top right area.

Chennaiyin’s dominant attack came from ISL topper Stiven Mendoza, who surpassed three defenders and forced Kolkata goalkeeper Amrinder towards his right side. After few minutes Lekic again put Hume in action at centre, but blocked by Bernanrd Mendy.

ISL 2015 Semi Final Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico De Kolkata Match Second Leg

ISL 2015 Semi Final Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico De Kolkata Match Second Leg

Chennaiyin majorly concentrated on the attack as they are good in defense. Blasi and Elano played a major role in defense and easily defended the attempts by Jame Gavilan and Arata izumi.

The first moment in the game came in 21st minute. Augustine hit a scorable ball by Elano and passed to Mendy. But his pass back to the goalkeeper created opportunity for Dejan Lekic to nicely hit the ball through Edel to stand high in the game.

Atletico looked to overturn the situation, but chennaiyin FC defense duo Mendy and Mailson could not make it possible. The main threat for Kolkata was from Mendoza. Jejo also seen in action with a fore towards Amrinder and he blocked it in 28th minute.

Elano received the first penalty for blocking Izumi’s edge run near the half line. After a minute it was the Brazilian Stalwart turn but luckily he was not left the field as his body collide Izumi downon the right side. Though he saved first but eventually left off with the final warning.

Atletico’s side is in a hurry to clear the deficit within five minutes to reach the half time. A long pass from Hume got Doutie towards the right but his forced shot created a hard save from Edel for his team. Antonio Habas’s was continuously creating problems soon the referee whistled half time.

The second half started as Chennaiyin is more vigorous in their attacking approach in their game. But Atletico came back strongly and pushing hard for their second goal. In the 49th minute they almost got their moment as Lekic again brought Augustine in to action don left hand side. He was defended by Rino Anto, scrape the ball over the bar.

Chennaiyin changd their move with back five defense with Blasi to get even strong in central defense. Atletico came nearer to clinch their second goal on 58th minute, a wonderful cross-field pass by Arata, taken by Jaime Gavilan down the right. He gone passed the three defenders, but it was deflected.

Chennaiyin’s chance to get back into the game is once again from the Mendoza, who hit the goal past the ATK’s goal keeper. In the 63rd minute, chennaiyin Mehrajuddin Wadoo brought down Hume outside the box. The following free-kick deflected towards the wall and fell nearer to Lekic again, who hit it wide of the goal.

Doutie had another opportunity for Atletico as he was passed the ball from the left hand side. But this shot was deflected by Mendy. Chennaiyin made their first substitution Bruno Pellisari instead of the captain Elano.

An outburst of Atletico attacks lacks the intension in the final three attempts. Materazzi made another substitution in the 75th minute replacing Blasi for Zakeer Munampara a defensive midfielder. The hosting side too made their first substitution replacing Anto in striker Mohammed Rafique.

Chennaiyin was continuing to tighten their defense even more to slow down the ATk’s rigid shots. Gavilan hits from the distance narrowly shooting in the 81st minute. As the time alarming the chances of Atletico were slowly fading away.

Eventhough Hume hit a spectacular in the 87th minute after receiving the ball outside from the box. It was a successful one with Lekic. Edel was in his extreme moment. Chnnaiyin made their last substitution replacing Mendoza by Fikru.

Atletico came in close to counter the deficit after Gavilan’s free kick passed to Hume but the Canadian’s glance was deviated over the bars by Edel. But the highlight of the game is the substitute Fikru hit a goal to spot them in finals.

A misguide throw by Amrinder fell towards Ethiopian, who completed without a mistake and passed the goalkeeper and taken Chennaiyin for the waited moment. There happened little clash between the fourth official and Atletico coach Antino Habas. He made to leave the field after he pushed referee Yudai Yamamoto.

A full house of nearly 70,000 in Salt Lake Stadium was unhappy as they are accompanied by their home team too. They won the return leg but their aggregate let them down. The Chennaiyin spotted to be in finals to face FC Goa, the first Semifinalist winner on December 20th 2015.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *